[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2008 Early Bird Registration Ends TODAY (20 June) + more news

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Fri Jun 20 04:30:05 PDT 2008

2008 Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) Conference incorporating GISSA 2008, September 29 - October 3, Cape Town, South Africa

Register here TODAY for early-bird rates: http://conference.osgeo.org/index.php/foss4g/2008/schedConf/registration

Book TODAY to get the early bird rates: Conference registration before the deadline is just R2900 (ZAR) (~$372 USD); after June 20, registration is R3900 (~$500 USD).  This covers the core 3.5 day conference, featuring academic, presentation and poster tracks, live demo theatre, plenaries, exhibition hall, wall-to-wall hands-on mini-workshops ('labs') and more! A fantastic Gala dinner at Moyo in Stellenbosch is an extra item that will be worth every cent. The early bird really does get the worm!

ACCOMMODATION
To secure our special conference accommodation packages you need to complete you registration and pay by 24 June.

PRESENTATIONS AND PAPERS
We have been overwhelmed with quality submissions in our academic and presentation tracks. You will be able to choose from among 60 academic papers and 140 presentations, that will run in parallel with the labs.  For a taste of the content to expect and to get your mouth watering, use the 'Browse' tools on the right panel of the conference website: www.foss4g2008.org. Note: At this stage we are still accepting and confirming papers so NOT ALL will be visible yet.

HANDS-ON WORKSHOPS AND LABS

For R4900 (ZAR) (~$628 USD) if you register before 20 June, you get a full five days featuring all of the above PLUS the extremely popular FOSS4G hands-on workshops. We have added some interesting technical visits too this year. So register now and as soon as the items listed below have been confirmed on the programme we will let you know so you can make your choices, first come-first served. If you wait till after June 20, full registration goes up to R5900 (ZAR) (~$756 USD).

Get a feel for the workshops and labs here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Workshops_and_Labs. We will let you know when you can choose your workshops, if you register for a 'conference + workshops' package.

POSTERS

Submission deadline for posters is 30 June. See http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Call_for_papers#Call_for_Posters for details.

EXHIBITOR AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES (NB: Bronze sponsorships now available)

Early bird rates apply to exhibitors too! If you are planning to exhibit, reserve your stand BEFORE 30 JUNE for big savings! For information on exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities, see http://tinyurl.com/555ade or contact Gavin Fleming, Conference Chair via email: gavinf at mintek dot co.za.

We hope to see you in Cape Town, South Africa in September, in just over three months!

For up-to-date information, registration and program details, please visit the conference website: http://www.foss4g2008.org/

PS: please disseminate this as widely as possible