[OSGeo-Discuss] Advice request - Python in FOSS4G presentation

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jun 20 13:36:53 PDT 2008

Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Today, PyCon 2008 PL event was announced for the first time.
> It will be a small version of PyCON for users in Poland
>
> http://liwo.polsl.pl/pycon-pl
>
> (website in Polish only)
>
> So, call for papers has been opened.
> I've got an idea about giving an overview use of Python in
> FOSS4G (desktop, web mapping, plugins/extensions of geospatial packages,
> etc.), to increase awarness of FOSS4G in non-geospatial community of
> Python users in Poland.
>
> I'd like to ask you for comments about this kind of idea.
> Perhaps there is someone who has given similar presentation and could
> share her experience.
> Also, I'd appreciate suggestions of interesting FOSS4G/Python software
> projects worth to present.
>
> Ciao

Mateusz,

sgillies suggested you start at
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=391

There are several communities with their hands in the pot who might not
be on the OSGeo list and you might want to poke further.
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/GeoDjango
http://gispython.org/

Have fun,
Alex