[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo4W - Seeking Testers and Contributors

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Jun 22 21:23:58 PDT 2008

Folks,

For several months several of us have been working on a standard installer
for a variety of OSGeo4W packages on MS-Windows.  The result of that is
OSGeo4W.

It is an installer that understands package dependency, supports upgrading
individual components in place, and is network based (only downloading the
packages that are needed).

OSGeo4W is loosely intended to supercede efforts like MS4W, and FWTools.

We are seeking windows software users willing to try out OSGeo4W, and provide
feedback.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w

We are also looking for software developers and packagers interested in
helping with packaging.  Currently we have good support for GDAL, MapServer,
uDig.  We have a proof-of-concept WinGRASS package, but it needs love. We
would appreciate packagers for additional packages, including QGIS, OSSIM,
MapGuide, gvSig, and GeoNetwork.

Best regards,