[OSGeo-Discuss] Spam filter on OSGeo lists

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 27 14:48:13 PDT 2008

Hi all,

A few days back we added some basic spam filtering to the mail
manager on OSGeo servers.  Most of the lists themselves simply ignore
email non-registered users, but mailing list administrators still got
a fair bit.  This solution helped reduce our spam considerably, but
if you notice anything going awry, please let me or the systems admin
committee know.

Thanks Shawn Barnes and Markus Neteler for helping me get this working!

Tyler