[OSGeo-Discuss] Master of GIS in USA

Frank Hardisty hardisty at psu.edu
Fri Mar 28 07:19:52 PDT 2008

Ibon,

Can you give some more details about what your friend's focus is? For
example, more towards research, or more applied? Would he or she be
stopping at the master's degree, or going on to a PhD?

I work at Penn State, doing research in the GeoVISTA Center and
teaching in the MGIS program. I'm happy to answer questions about both
the residential and online programs.

UCSB has a great program too, but it can be hard for non-citizens to
get funding.

regards,
-Frank

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Ibon Tamayo <ibontama at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One of my friend would like to do a master in USA about GIS. What are the
> best places to do it? and where?
> Thanks,
> Ibon

Frank Hardisty
hardisty at psu.edu

GeoVISTA Center
206 Walker Building

Dutton e-Education Institute
434 Earth and Engineering Sciences Building

814-867-1471
http://www.geovista.psu.edu/grants/cdcesda/software/