[OSGeo-Discuss] How about gis education in western country?

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Fri Mar 28 08:56:25 PDT 2008

There are a few universities in South Africa that I know of that offer
dedicated GIS courses and degrees from undergraduate through to
postgraduate:

Stellenbosch: www.sun.ac.za <http://www.sun.ac.za/>  and
http://academic.sun.ac.za/geology/undergraduate/geography_e.htm

Pretoria: www.up.ac.za <http://www.up.ac.za/>  and
http://www.up.ac.za/academic/gis/upgis.htm

Cape Town: Click on Degree Programmes at http://www.geomatics.uct.ac.za/

The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (Wits):
http://web.wits.ac.za/Academic/Science/Geography/

Port Elizabeth and Pretoria offer the international UNIGIS distance
learning degree courses:

    Pretoria unigis at postino.up.ac.za

    Port Elizabeth unigis at petech.ac.za

Gavin Fleming MSc, Pr. GISc Technologist

Senior GISc and Sustainable Development Researcher

FOSS4G2008 <http://www.foss4g2008.org/>  conference chair

Mintek, 200 Malibongwe Drive (formerly Hans Strijdom Drive)

P/Bag X3015, Randburg, 2125, South Africa

w: +27-11-709-4668 c: 0845965680 f: 0866164820

xmpp: gavinjfleming at gmail.com

Skype: phlemingo

27.9782E 26.0896S