[OSGeo-Discuss] Your open source career

Bruno Lowagie bruno at 1t3xt.com
Mon May 5 08:27:40 PDT 2008

Landon Blake wrote:
> Bruno,
>
> You are the exception!
>
> I am familiar with your book, as I bought a copy about 4 months back.
> iText is a great open source library! Please accept my commendation of
> your work.

What I didn't say is that I've started teaching iText,
and while doing so, I have plenty of new ideas for writing
an even better book (some of the examples in the book are
too academic), but you are right: writing a book takes
a lot of time.

> Having said that, I don't know that there are many of us that would have
> time to write a book on our favorite FOSS program. This is a great task
> that you have accomplished!

By the way: I'm currently adding some new functionality to iText,
but once I'm done with my TODO list, I'll be looking towards the
GIS market. More specifically: I've been contacted by Dirk Frigne
(geGIS / MAJAS) to solve the "plot/print" problem in the GIS world.

That's why I was lurking on this list. To be continued...
Bruno