[OSGeo-Discuss] use of color palettes with vector data

Stéphanie Faroux stephanie.faroux at meteo.fr
Mon May 19 09:58:04 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'd like to know if it's possible to use color palettes with vector data.
I have point vector data (for example, altitude), and i'd like to apply
a palette automatically, on the symbols representing the value points
(like circles).
I saw i can define a new column GRASSRBG in the dbf table associated to
my vector layer. But it's not very easy, because i have 10000 points in
my area. I could set values of the palette with rules on the z column,
but it would be nicer if existing palettes could be chosen.
Thank you