[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source development metrics

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Wed May 28 15:09:16 PDT 2008

Landon,

on the other hand, following that logic, if forking is advisable, it will keep on growing, with new forks, new forks-of-the-fork, and so on. The energy needed to keep all that project "forkhood" somehow synchronized is not only honest, but discouraging and efectiveless.

I don't see neither how a user can simply make a proper decission among a fork-hood. Not everybody is expert enough to understand differences, or has enough time to download several forks and compare them (continously in time).

Are really all the differences among forks impossible to reconcile, using that 'honest effort'? ;-)

Miguel