[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo The China event

Gao Ang tomgaoang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 03:56:09 PST 2008

Ravi:

It's nice to know that you pay close attention to our activities.

We organize this activity to let students get know of the whole GIS
software stack, and let them to realize the benefit of using the open
source GIS.

However, we won't fight against the commercial software. We'd like to
keep an open mind and we welcome commercial GIS users to share their
views here. We just want our student know a bit more about the GIS
world, especially for open source GIS.

We try to spread GIS knowledge to the students. And what's more, we'd
like to get more experience from you and get more guide on how to
organize a good OSGIS user group event, how to encourage students to
try Open Source software and so on.

So we want to let you know our activities and what we're gonna provide
for the students and OSGIS advocators in our country. Your suggestion
will always be useful for us.

Regards