[OSGeo-Discuss] Does the OSGeo have a historian?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Nov 3 13:50:22 PST 2008

Landon Blake wrote:
> While preparing my recent proposal for the OSGeo I realized there wasn't
> a lot of information on the history of the organization. I realize part
> of this is because the OSGeo is pretty young as far as organizations go.
> However, most of the information I could find about the OSGeo was
> related to the founding of the organization. Do we have any type of
> timeline that presents important events in the history of the OSGeo
> since that time? Do we have a historian?
>

> I'm thinking that such a timeline could contain information about
> projects and sponsors joining the OSGeo, brief summaries about OSGeo
> conferences, and information about the formation of local OSGeo
> projects.
>

> Landon

Thanks for asking about this, I was interesting in such information too.
I want to make a timeline of OSGeo and OSGeo projects for a poster that
we can use in marketing.

Maybe we need a history page on the wiki to track such information in
one place similar to Tyler's recent summary of OSGeo contributors.

Alex