[OSGeo-Discuss] Does the OSGeo have a historian?

Agustin Diez Castillo adiez at uv.es
Tue Nov 4 02:34:30 PST 2008

Only for clarification, HIstory is much more than a timeline and event
[1] and historians do things other than timelines [i.e. 2].
And for the original question I am historian but I'm afraid I am not
what the original post was looking for.
History is more than events, historians (some at least) like to look
at the Longue Durée [3] and from below [4].
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annales_School
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_history
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longue_durée
[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_from_below