[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [mapserver-dev] Toronto Code Sprint

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Nov 27 12:53:31 PST 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> A reminder, if you're interested in joining a winter code sprint in
> Toronto, please sign up at the wiki page:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Toronto_Code_Sprint_2009
>
> Knowing tentative numbers will help us plan better.  We're also
> looking for sponsors to keep the troops fed and watered.

So far we seem to have mostly MapServer and GDAL/OGR people. Is there
potential to get more people from the other projects (PostGIS, GEOS,
QGIS, MapGuide) to make this a larger gathering?

Also, so far the event is advertised as a geek/coder thing. Should we
aim to also attract some power users to work on docs, QA, and that kind
of non-coding stuff?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette