[OSGeo-Discuss] some post-FOSS4G thoughts

Jody Garnett jgarnett at refractions.net
Wed Oct 8 17:14:40 PDT 2008

Jody Garnett wrote:
> In Canada we go to the pub.
> Jody
Although that said; a regional conference would be fun ... we are still
struggling to have any kind of meetings for the bc chapter.
I am amazed at all these other groups that have had yearly conferences
since rocks were beginning to cool.

One down side with the whole conversation track here is the idea of
splitting into multiple venues is that the open source projects cannot
always field community members to attend everything.

The original post talked about minimizing expense; breaking into several
venues actually updates the expense from where I am sitting.

Jody