[OSGeo-Discuss] Code Sprint: How Much?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 9 23:30:58 PDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam ha scritto:

> The downside of the Bolsena event, in my mind, is that it puts the entire
> financial onus on the attendies.  For some that is pretty tough.  I'd
> prefer to see an event that could be mostly paid out of project sponsorship
> funds (from projects like MapServer, and GDAL) with the attendies providing
> their time and labor.

I think this is a very sensible suggestion. Can we work out a budget and
an expected outcome for this? This way it may be more attractive for
potential sponsors. I know the plone tribe organizes regularly such
events, and they have no major problems getting sponsors.
Of course, Italy is a very hospitable place in all seasons, and we can
find additional cheap and good places for this.
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *