[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2009 Code sprint

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Oct 11 13:35:25 PDT 2008

Hi

2008/10/11 Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at crschmidt.net>:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 01:10:47PM -0700, Dave Patton wrote:
>> On 2008/10/11 12:42 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>>
>> >Another point to make is that the turn out to the sprint was 3.5 x the
>> >number of people who said they would come so getting attendance of the
>> >sprint as part of the registration process will help you plan better.
>>
>> Were there people who attended the FOSS4G 2008 Code Sprint
>> who were not registered delegates to the FOSS4G conference?
>> In other words, does the "code sprint registration" need
>> to be distinct from the "conference registration" in order
>> to capture everyone who is wanting to attend?
>
> I don't think we've had anything ike that happen in either 2007 or
> 2008... not to my memory, anyway.

As far as I know all 2008 sprinters were conference registered, we
just didn't have an explicit 'tick this box to indicate you will be
attending the code sprint' option on the registration process. I
suspect that even if we did have that added, people would still pitch
up on whim, though perhaps less so if you have the sprint at / before
the start of the conference. Which also brings to mind the issue of
having the sprint before may reduce turn out as there were quite a few
2008 sprinters who came along as a result of in-conference
interactions with developers / project members.

Regards

Tim

> Regards,
> --