[OSGeo-Discuss] defining a Geospatial Integration Showcase to be launched at FOSS4G 2009

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 23 00:35:18 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 5:24 AM, Bob Basques <bob.b at gritechnologies.com> wrote:
> Data is indeed where it all starts.  There is a very good demo dataset
> included with the GeoMoose package, it's aimed primarily at a state (of
> Minnesota) perspective currently.  There are also some municipal datasets in
> there as well.  The interface (GeoMoose) actually scales very well between
> these types of business needs even in combining the two into a single
> interface.

There is another dataset, the OSGeo education data set:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Edu_Data_Package_North_Carolina

It contains all kind of data/maps in original formats and preprocessed,
covering a wide range of potential applications.

The Geospatial Integration Showcase should make use of OSGeo data sets
(so, perhaps we can get in more data sets through the showcase preparations!).

Markus