[OSGeo-Discuss] Projects at FOSS4G

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Mon Sep 15 10:44:29 PDT 2008

Tyler,

MapWindow will have two people there presenting a workshop a lab and a
paper. Also we're sponsoring a booth with the help of some SA locals.
(Free T-Shirts for .NET developers... :)  )

- Dan

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Justin Deoliveira
<jdeolive at opengeo.org> wrote:
> Hi Tyler,
>
> There will be three people representing the Geotools and GeoServer projects.
> 3 talks, 1 workshop, and 1 lab. OpenGeo is also sending two people from the
> OpenLayers project as well.
>
> -Justin
>
> Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>>
>> I'm curious about how many different projects (OSGeo and others) will be
>> represented at FOSS4G by speakers, workshops, etc. Rather than wade through
>> the presentation listing, I thought I'd be lazy and ask here.
>>
>> If you know that your project(s) are going to be represented there, could
>> you drop me a note?  Just let me know in general how many folks from it will
>> be there.  If there are enough people around we could arrange times for
>> people to "meet your project" at the OSGeo booth.
>>
>> It would also help to know if your project has plans to bring flyers or
>> brochures to hand out at the booth.  The OSGeo Marketing Committee is
>> arranging to have some overview brochures.
>>
>> Also, all projects and committees are welcome to do a brief talk at the
>> Annual General Meeting.[1]  It had great turnout last year and was very
>> informative!  Just sign up if you want to talk or add an item to the list
>> for debate/discussion during the meeting.
>>
>> Tyler
>>
>> [1] AGM: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2008

> Justin Deoliveira
> Software Engineer, OpenGeo
> http://opengeo.org

Daniel P. Ames PhD, PE
Department of Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
amesdani at isu.edu
www.MapWindow.org
www.Hydromap.com
Quote of the day: "Over the Labor Day weekend, with most of the big
enchiladas of the major media on vacation, the vacuum was filled with
a hallucinatory hurricane in the leftist blogosphere, which unleashed
a grotesquely lurid series of allegations, fantasies, half-truths and
outright lies about Palin. What a tacky low in American politics..." -
Left-wing blogger Camille Paglia.