[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Will there be an OSGeo Desktop shootout atFOSS4G 2010?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sun Dec 20 12:26:00 PST 2009

Interested in a different approach that is lower impact, but still
interesting and entertaining? Have developers review a "competing"
project and then present their findings, in the form of "What I love
about ___, what I hate about____".

Jody Garnett presents "What I love about QGIS, what I hate about QGIS."
Jorge Sanz presents "What I love about uDig, what I hate about uDig."
Tim Sutton presents "What I love about gvSIG, what I hate about gvSIG."

Not only do you get an unvarnished view, but you can have shorter
presentations with a discussion segment at the end of each one.

Works for almost any application category too.