[OSGeo-Discuss] Announcing the release of QGIS 1.0 'Kore'

Alex Borrell borrellalex at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 07:36:15 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>wrote:

> apologies for the cross-post:
>
> Dear QGIS Users, Developers and FOSSGIS devotees
>
> We are extremely pleased to announce the release of QGIS 1.0 and the
> shiny new QGIS 1.0 User's Guide. We have also revamped our web site at
> http://qgis.org. See the note below from our project chair:
>
> -----------------

-- Gary Sherman, Chair, QGIS Project Steering Committee
> -----------------
>
> For more detailed release information, visit:
>
> http://blog.qgis.org/node/123
>
> For Gnu/Linux, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows downloads, visit:
>
> http://download.qgis.org *
>
> * Source code and User's Guide are also available from this site.
>
> --
> cheers,
> maning

Gary:
It's always nice to hear about new developments in Qgis. I was running
version 0.11 in Debian Lenny, and
automatically updated to kore 1.0 (I think it was an RC). I have some
problems working with it, because the
tools menu doesn work. I see the icons for navigating (hand) and querying
(i) but they don't work, so I have
to use them from the main menu, selecting the tool from the View menu.
Otherwise, it works very well.

Hope it helps
Alex Borrell
Mexico