[OSGeo-Discuss] fleet management

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jul 15 11:56:41 PDT 2009

So do we have enough interest to ask for an OSGeo list for this?

I looked at http://opengts.org/ a while back, but Java is not my
favorite platform - just a knowledge and personal preference thing.

It would be nice to build something based on OpenLayers for the mapping
client because that allows great independence and variety of map providers.

The tuff part of all this is dealing with the devices and the
communications changes to get the data feed back into the tracking and
management software. My focus would be to let others deal with that part
and assume that we have various data feeds the we might need to build
software to handle the feeds, and that we focus on the building the
portal application for tracking, reports, and management of resources.

But that is just my two sense. Other thoughts?

-Steve