[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G2009 to reach those who cannot attend

ravivundavalli at yahoo.com ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 15:20:00 PDT 2009

Hi All,
FOSS4G every year is a keenly followed event. Many await the publication of material on the website eagerly such that they can follow labs, workshops and presentations of choice.

So the present organisers may please request those especially conducting labs/workshops to keep in mind the multitudes who browse them through the internet can have equal benefit. This can be achieved my keeping on the internet for download
1. All the binaries that are required for the exercise
2. All the data that are required for the exercise
3. All the printed material provided for the exercise
4. All the other material provided to the attendees, CD or DVD etc

I agree that most of it is done each time, except for a few instances
Example:'Download data from the CD provided', is given in the lab pdf.. but the data is not given for download...
Example:'Run the pg_setenv.bat file first,' (FOSS4G2007).. even on date a nice archive is available from the FOSS4G2007 website, data, text etc..
but, the pg_setenv.bat, not there.

This may be trivial for experts, but for those learning through the internet and depending on 'Discuss Lists', it will be a roadblock.

Cheers
Ravi Kumar

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/