[OSGeo-Discuss] Which GPS

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Thu Jun 11 05:39:07 PDT 2009

Depends on the accuracy you hope to achieve, but you might want to look at the OpenMoko Freerunner. This has the advantage of also being a mobile phone i.e. the data being gathered can be synchronised with a server whenever there is a mobile signal, as well as be reviewed with gvSIG locally. The Freerunner also has a real mini USB port i.e. not just for charging, it can also be used with a proper keyboard.

Regards

Chris