[OSGeo-Discuss] trac non-functional

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 07:01:02 PDT 2009

On Jun 19, 2009, at 6:35 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Hi all.
> Are there any plans to solve the horrible slowness and tendency to
> return errors of the trac? We are working a lot on the qgis trac,
> but it
> is a real pain, to the point that we are kind of thinking to write an
> interface to the trac caching the results for quick search (what a
> waste
> of time).

Paolo,

The problem is a volunteer manpower one.  There are definitely plans,
it is just a matter of finding the time in which we can shut down and
implement them.  I'm sorry that I can't give a better answer than
that.  If you have time you can devote to the effort, please join the
SAC list, and we can get you up to date with all of the issues.  We
would happily add another administrator of Trac if you have lots of
familiarity with it (especially mod_python, mod_wsgi and sqlite{1,3}
vs external db like pg).

Howard