[OSGeo-Discuss] trac non-functional

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 19 07:33:04 PDT 2009

Howard Butler wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2009, at 6:35 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>> Are there any plans to solve the horrible slowness and tendency to
>> return errors of the trac? We are working a lot on the qgis trac, but it
>> is a real pain, to the point that we are kind of thinking to write an
>> interface to the trac caching the results for quick search (what a waste
>> of time).
>
> Paolo,
>
> The problem is a volunteer manpower one.  There are definitely plans, it
> is just a matter of finding the time in which we can shut down and
> implement them.  I'm sorry that I can't give a better answer than that.
> If you have time you can devote to the effort, please join the SAC list,
> and we can get you up to date with all of the issues.  We would happily
> add another administrator of Trac if you have lots of familiarity with
> it (especially mod_python, mod_wsgi and sqlite{1,3} vs external db like
> pg).

Folks,

I have added a brief wiki topic on upgrade plans.  Tentatively Howard
and myself will attempt to do something tomorrow night.

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Trac_Instances#Planned_Upgrade

It should be noted that there may be Trac unavailability for up to four
hours during the upgrade efforts.

Best regards,