[OSGeo-Discuss] ISO 19115

Martin martin.seiler at gmx.de
Thu Jun 25 10:19:09 PDT 2009

Landon,

> Can anyone recommend a good English language tutorial or article on the
> metadata standard formalized as ISO 19115? I'm particularly interested
> in how if relates to the former FGDC metadata standard used in the
> United States, and the differences between the two standards.

you might also want to take a look at this book [precisely section 3.4.1]:

Geographic Information Metadata for Spatial Data Infrastructures
Resources, Interoperability and Information Retrieval

Nogueras-Iso, Javier, Zarazaga-Soria, F. Javier, Muro-Medrano, Pedro R.

2005, XXII, 264 p. 83 illus., Hardcover
ISBN: 978-3-540-24464-6

Its viewable on google-books in parts:

http://books.google.com/books?id=qSpM5DcPBZMC&dq=Geographic+information+metadata+for+spatial+data+infrastructures:+resources,+interoperability+and+information+retrieval