[OSGeo-Discuss] Open source TIN code?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 2 16:42:03 PST 2009

On 2-Mar-09, at 10:17 AM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:

> The Community has need of BSD-licensed source code for TIN
> generation (in 3-space).  It doesn't have to be "really good", just
> good enough for some simple demo apps (for example, full-on
> Delauney support not needed).
>
> I know there are a bunch of TIN algs out there on the net in
> various places, but I don't have much experience with any of them.
> If anyone has any pointers, I'd appreciate it.

Looks like Sextante GIS has some tools coming too:
https://lists.forge.osor.eu/pipermail/sextante-devel/2009-February/
000026.html

... using Josef Bezdek's work.  Perhaps if you're looking for code
samples, his work is a good example to look at:
http://bezdek2009dp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/myAlgorithmSextante/src/
es/unex/sextante/vectorTools/

http://sextantegis.com