[OSGeo-Discuss] Licensing

Emmanuel Christophe emmanuel.christophe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 18:36:13 PST 2009

Mateusz, note that the link you provide is referring to GPL v2. In the
latest GPL, the term "to all third parties" has disappeared. As
mentioned in the faq, you have to provide the source "to the program's
users".

So, Ravi, you have to provide the source code of your modifications to
your client (not to everybody). As long as you do that, I don't think
that you violate the licence. You have to be aware that your client
will have the right to distribute your source code without seeking
your approval (the code is under GPL).

Emmanuel