[OSGeo-Discuss] Mapnik in windows with gdal with ecw support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 11 09:01:22 PST 2009

Pedro-Juan Ferrer Matoses wrote:
> Hello everybody!
>
> May be someone can help me (or show me the way)
>
> I'm looking for a windows version of Mapnik compiled with gdal
> compiled with ecw support, or at least the "gdal.input" plug in
> compiled with it.
>
> Well at least that is what I think I need, 'cause probably I
> misunderstood something... ;)
>
> Thanks in advance,

Pedro,

There is some information on building with ECW support at:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ECW

Prebuilt binaries of GDAL 1.5 and 1.6 with ECW support are available
as part of OSGeo4W and there are corresponding ECW plugins.

http://osgeo4w.osgeo.org/

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal-ecw
http://download.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/release/gdal/gdal-ecw/gdal-ecw-1.5.2-2.tar.bz2

http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal16-ecw