[OSGeo-Discuss] new: OSGeo women mailing list

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell.osgeo at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 16 11:43:46 PST 2009

> I hope things work out with the new mailing list.

Same here - I'm sure just having a place to connect with others will be encouraging for all involved.

> I know at
> least one of
> the open source software projects I am involved with has
> discussed the
> problem of encouraging the participation of more women.

It's interesting to hear this called a "problem" - I thought all open source projects welcomed all people who were interested.  Unless of course there are jerks like in Ian's cartoon - but then again, the cartoon also presents a solution :-)