[OSGeo-Discuss] role of foundation with regard to licensing

Brian Russo brian at beruna.org
Wed Nov 18 18:37:26 PST 2009

So to sum up the themes of this thread..

OSGeo really just acts as an administrative body within with projects can
have some legal "existence", but effectively has no say on day-to-day tasks
involving projects, etc.

The actual direction of the projects "sponsored" by OSGeo is really the
responsibility of the relevant committee/developers.

Miss anything relevant?

 - bri