[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Qgis-user] GDAL Tools icons
cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Oct 2 00:22:48 PDT 2009
Robert Szczepanek ha scritto:
>> A few are still missing:
>> - proximity
>> - near black
>> - warp
>> - grid
>> - clip
>> All the best.
> This task is for next week :)
> Can you help me finding self-explaining names for those icons and use
> them later in naming convention:
> object-action (probably most will follow this type as they are related
> to raster images)
> It does not have to be in 100% name of GDAL function. Just description
> of what the function does. To reuse it in another context. ... hard to
> explain, but I hope you get what I mean.
I try to explain in plain English, see if it helps:
- proximity: create a map of distance to specific raster values
- near black: convert nearly black or white pixels to exactly black (or white)
- warp: reproject a map to a different coordinate system
- grid: interpolate a raster from values at sample points
- clip: cut out a portion of a larger raster and save it as a new file.
See also http://www.gdal.org/gdal_utilities.html
All the best.
Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc
More information about the Discuss