[OSGeo-Discuss] Remote routing solutions
mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Oct 6 14:04:27 PDT 2009
May I kindly ask for a bit of brainstorming about
available and programmatically callable,
solutions of remote routing services?
The use case is very simple:
1) client is a non-Web thin client
2) client has access to the Internet
3) client knows two locations "start" and "destination"
4) client wants to know how to travel from start to destination
What are available options to achieve that? Where if availability means:
* accessible for public
* free of charge
* does not require to sign anything,
Custom solutions built on OGC-enabled stack (e.g. PyWPS, etc.) is also
an option to discuss.
Any input greatly appreciated.
Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
Charter Member of OSGeo, http://osgeo.org
More information about the Discuss