[OSGeo-Discuss] desktop gis comparison at code sprint foss4g

Ned Horning nedh at lightlink.com
Wed Oct 7 05:49:53 PDT 2009

There was a report produced by the USGS in 1988 that might be of some
use: "A process for evaluating Geographic Information Systems" USGS
Open-File Report 88-105
A djvu file of the report can be downloaded at
http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/usgspubs/ofr/ofr88105

There are also some comparison tables prepared by Stefan Steiniger in
2008 available at: http://spatialserver.net/osgis/

All the best,

Ned