[OSGeo-Discuss] WMS Performance Shootout at FOSS4G 2009

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 9 08:05:58 PDT 2009

Bob Basques wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a list of the tests administered?

Bob,

There will be.

>  I would be interested in
> the rendering speed of differently sized images and where the sweet spot
> is for a particular engine in size vs rendering speed.

I do not believe we are analysing large vs. small images.  We have
produced a randomly generated request sequence with a mix of sizes
intended to represent a common workload.

 >  I did find the
> description of source data.  Also any thing related to reprojection of
> rasters on the fly?

No, not this year.

> Are the Live Benchmarks links going to be the same for the duration of
> the competition?

I'm not sure what links you mean, but the wiki page will continue to exist
and be updated.  I would note we are trying to keep the final results
quiet so there will be a little drama at the presentation.

Best regards,