Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Mind Map - Open Source Spatial Projects

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Oct 14 09:16:25 PDT 2009

A thought here . . . .

How would you see something like this working from a Project meta-data
perspective.  I'm wondering about the possibilty of each OSGEO project
handling their own branch of the MindMap diagram.  Is there a way to
link branches together?

Another piece that is nagging at me somewhat is how to handle things
that might need to be cross indexed (if possible), GeoMoose might
(will??) have items that related to more than one other project, it's
now utilizing the OpenLayers display LIBs for example.  And I know of a
couple of other projects that may end up as connectors.

Just wondering (or muttereing) out loud. . . .

bobb

>>> Bruce Bannerman <bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be great if you could add in the MapWindow project.
> MapWindow GIS Desktop Application is a C#/.NET desktop GIS
> that is completely open source and has about 6000 downloads
> per month from www.MapWindow.org.
>
> Also, under your library/developer tools, we the project also
> includes a set of .NET libraries and a COM C++ ActiveX
> component based on both NTS and GDAL.
>
> - Dan

done

> OpenScales is a user-friendly and fast interface written in
> ActionScript3/Flex/AIR designed to visualize and manipulate
> spatial data.
>
> OpenScales is open source with an LGPL license.
>

> Aurélien Barbier-Accary

done

Bruce