[OSGeo-Discuss] code sprint before or after the conference

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sat Oct 24 13:08:55 PDT 2009

Pick your poison. Before, people are jet lagged and worrying about
their talks. After, people are tired and worn out. I would continue to
go with a one-day event after. One day is good for sitting down and
talking, less good for coding, but the communication is really
important.

At the 4-day sprint in Toronto, day 1 was mostly used for talking. I
think if you want an event that turns out lots of new/fixed code, you
need more time, and more fresh people, which means logistically tying
it to FOSS4G is never going to be a great idea. Bolsena, Toronto,
those are the models that seem to work.

P.