[OSGeo-Discuss] Next 5 years for OSGeo

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Sep 15 23:21:20 PDT 2009

Dimitris Kotzinos ha scritto:
> Dear all,
>
> I think that organizations like OSGeo have the difficult task to combine
> two - not always compatible - lines of action:

One thing I would like to see is more infrastructure for projects: I think this would make life
easier for several projects, and it would give a more solid impression. Eg a common infrastructure
for user maps (a surprising number of projects still do not have anu user map, and those who have it
do not share db or tools) would seem a good first candidate. Upgrading trac, adding useful plugins
to it, etc would be good.
Also putting other things in common would be good, eg sharing cartographic symbols and icons across
projects would make life easier for users and for developers.
I wouold also like to see closer contacts with and among local chapters.
All the best.