[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Next five years

Bob Basques bob.b at gritechnologies.com
Wed Sep 16 18:34:48 PDT 2009

Arnie,

I'm working on something almost exactly as you describe, a connect
and/or standalone map service.  I cal it a cascaded map service (might
be a mis-label), that can stay in sync with the remote server, and act
as a standalone when the network connection is not available.

My buisness needs go beyond emergency management however some some of
the guts are still harder to grasp by the beginner/sometimer admins.
But the hope is to make that all transparent, and reply on the
local(standalone) service to keep it self up to date based on a remote
service (that may or may not require the highend capabilities to set up.
(we use GeoMoose for example.).

I can keep you in the loop on things if you are interested.

bobb