[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Qgis-user] GDAL Tools icons

Robert Szczepanek robert at szczepanek.pl
Fri Sep 25 16:45:05 PDT 2009

Paolo Cavallini pisze:
> Yes, standard icons. See fTools for examples; it would be good to keep the same style; see also
> GRASS toolbox, as several commands have the same results.

First of all I had to make some order in icons and put them together on
one page
http://robert.szczepanek.pl/gis-icons-0.1/#request
At the same time I have started drawing icons for your plugin. I will
update them there.

This is probably good moment to start ordering names and symbols in
stead of making new and new icons. Most of them can be repeated in
different modules, so good (universal) names will help a lot.
And it will help reuse them in other projects.

What is needed now from my point of view:
- to collect icon request from different plugin-authors and different
OSGeo projects,
- to discuss the best names,
- and to decide if presented graphical representation is appropriate.

I was thinking about one common OSGeo mailing list concentrated on
grahics - icons and map symbol set (Markus project). What is your opinion?

Sorry for cross-posting this message.
Robert