[OSGeo-Discuss] Next 5 years for OSGeo

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Wed Sep 30 07:57:15 PDT 2009

----- "P Kishor" <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/9/30 Cédric Moullet <cedric.moullet at camptocamp.com>:
> ..
> > - The OSGEO is very developer centric and probably need more input
> from
> > management, end user, marketing etc...
> ..
>
> noooooooooo!
>
> Let our work, and not marketers and management, speak for us.

Speak to whom? Decision makers with no real knowledge of the thing they are signing off on, being advised by lazy people who have some understanding but want to ensure they cover their back and don't have to try too hard rather than implement the best solution for the least money?

Trust me, the mean and nasty marketing and management types can be a force for the good, and one *every* open source project needs to thrive.

I may of course be biased, being just such a type...

:)

Chris

------