[OSGeo-Discuss] Next 5 years for OSGeo

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Sep 30 09:16:09 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at crschmidt.net> wrote:

> For this reason, efforts like "Marketing" are (in my opinion) less important
> than, for example, setting up a test server for running buildbot, or other
> things that help software become successful.

I agree with Chris, and I think it's important to stress what while
marketing activities are *less* important than support activities for
the development of the software, that does not mean that marketing
activities are *unimportant*. Just that, in the hierarchy of things
OSGeo should concern itself with, keeping the development lights on is
number one. Once that's taken care of, all power to marketing! Because
without software, the marketing doesn't have much purpose.