[California] RE: [OSGeo-Discuss] Los Angeles

David Bianco me at davidbianco.net
Wed Sep 30 16:40:31 PDT 2009

Ragi!   Good to see you online.   Are you independent now? e-me direct.
(we both did time at esri.  me: 11 years.)

The webmapsocial meetup group Ragi links to is exactly the kind of thing I'd
like to see happen in Los Angeles.  Monthly talks, free open-source desktop
seminars .... all that would be great, but I'm content with starting out at
the local pub.   I know Portland has a bustling community (
http://groups.google.com/group/pdx-osgis 82 members!).   I found an LA
openstreetmap meetup group last week, hoping to meet some new faces there.

I'm all for helping to build the CA osgeo chapter, but more to the point,
I'm trying to get a local community brewing.   LA is a huge city, I can't be
the only evangelist.   Perhaps the esri kool-aid is thicker than I realize
since we are in their backyard after all.

David