[OSGeo-Discuss] What GeoSpatial Open Source Software do Surveyors use?

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 13:39:53 PDT 2010

Hi Cameron,

You might find these Oxford Archaeology produced guides interesting:

http://openarchaeology.net/project/survey-and-gis-manual

There's also the MapAction Field Guide to Humanitarian Mapping:

http://www.mapaction.org/content/view/183/59/

If you're looking for a couple of real feel good use cases (although I
can imagine it may not be 100% applicable to what you're doing),
there's the amazing work conducted by various people (Mikel Maron and
Robert Soden spring immediately to mind, although there are many more)
mapping Haiti and Kibera, Kenya into OpenStreetMap.

Cheers, Joseph