[OSGeo-Discuss] open source desktop shootout

percy percyd at pdx.edu
Fri Apr 2 22:01:23 PDT 2010

Hmmm, thanks for that link Cameron, but that's not what I'm remembering!
:-)

I specifically remember it being related to the Quebec FOSS4G-NA...

Can anyone else help me with this?

Alternatively, should we start a wiki page on OSGEO.org that specifies
the capabilities that desktop GIS have/should have?

BTW, We are planning on burning some liveDVDs to hand out at our
conference...

Thanks,
Percy

Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 15:38:45 +1100 From: Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] open source
desktop shootout To: OSGeo Discussions <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>
charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

Percy, Maybe you are remembering the email discussion titled:
[OSGeo-Discuss] Will there be an OSGeo Desktop shootout at FOSS4G 2010?
<http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2009-December/006494.html>
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2009-December/thread.html

As a contribution to this thread, the LiveDVD project can contribute to
this shootout, in that we have many of the desktops already packaged,
along with 1 page descriptions of each project. And I'd love to include
documentation or tables into the liveDVD which help users select between
different applications.

--
David Percy
Geospatial Data Manager