[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: FOSS4G Technology review presentations - Web clients

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Tue Apr 13 02:19:51 PDT 2010

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Pieter, good to hear your interest and to hear that geomajas would be
> covered.
> Anyone interested to step forward for Openlayers, Mapfish or MabBender?

Hi,
we have given the talk "Typification of OpenLayers, Mapbender and
MapFish" [1] in German (translation pending) at FOSSGIS 2010 a few weeks
back and received good feedback. It gives an insight to the different
ways of tackling spatial data services on the Web with a JS library
(OL), a software package (MB) and a developer framework (MF). We will
will submit an extended and updated version of the talk for FOSS4G. This
goes in the same direction as what you propose.

Apart form this I believe that in general it will be hard or even
impossible to compare packages that come from so different backgrounds
and with so diverse goals on a similar basis as last year's shootout.
Even although the WMS protocol based shootout was a damn lot of effort
up front and really well done it was still up for quite a bit of
discussion. But I am open to contribute in any way.

Regards,
Arnulf.

[1]
http://www.mapbender.org/Eine_Typisierung:_OpenLayers,_Mapbender_und_MapFish