[OSGeo-Discuss] are there any unpaid developers?

Mark Lucas mlucas17 at mac.com
Tue Apr 20 05:57:10 PDT 2010

I think that most of the developers that actively contribute to the OSSIM project are funded through government contracts.  Having said that, most all of them contribute well beyond the time they are paid for.  Often that is to move the baseline towards capabilities that are not covered by customer requirements.  I spend most all of my time securing contracts so we can expand the team.

The core team has worked together over the last decade as the individual contributors have switched companies several times.

Mark