[OSGeo-Discuss] 1 week to test the OSGeo-Live DVD before we burn it

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 05:21:50 PDT 2010

The OSGeo-Live DVD is looking great, with 43 pre-configured GeoSpatial
Open Source packages and marketing documentation.

It will be sent to the printers next week, Monday 9 August, and we are
calling on all projects to test their applications and documentation and
verify everything is working fine.

Could everyone with an interest please:

    * download an ISO or Virtual Machine from here:
      http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/
    * run (and update) test steps for your project. Test steps might be
      "Run steps in QuickStart". Record results here:
      http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Testing
    * review documentation:
      http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/osgeolive-docs/index.html
    * if inspired - write a quickstart, or add screen shots to an
      existing quickstart.
    * fix anything that is broken

--
Cameron Shorter