[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSDEM

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 00:55:06 PST 2010

Dear All,

I haven't seen FOSDEM(1) mentioned in OSGeo discussions. I haven't been
to one, but it seems interesting, the major European FOSS conference
perhaps?

It lacks a FOSS4G devroom. However, it has a Perl one, so I'm
considering submitting a talk there.

There is also something they call "Certification Exams"(2), which are
exams with a price tag organized by Linux Professional Institute for
example. OSGeo edu committee is mainly a university-oriented group and
training for FOSS4G is a delicate topic, but maybe worth a thought.

Reagrds,

Ari
(1) http://fosdem.org/2011/
(2) http://fosdem.org/2011/certification