[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G Denver update: sponsorship, logo, web site

Peter Batty peter at ebatty.com
Tue Dec 21 08:31:28 PST 2010

The organizing committee has been working away on various tasks for next
September’s FOSS4G conference in Denver. We now have sponsorship details
sorted out – you can download the brochure at http://bit.ly/gbWbey (PDF). We
are offering a 10% discount for any sponsors who commit by the end of
January.

We also have a winner in our logo contest, which you can see at our web site
which is now up at http://2011.foss4g.org/. We had over 800 votes in total,
thanks to everyone who voted! The logo design was an interesting process.
Creating a logo is always tricky because you have as many different opinions
as people involved in the process! We used a site called crowdspring, as you
will know if you voted – multiple people compete to create your logo, which
we found worked very well. And then they also have a voting process you can
use if you like, which I found very helpful to choose a winner from the
multiple good entries.

And as mentioned above, our web site is now up and running - it will have a
lot more content added to it over the coming weeks. But check out the
timetable leading up to the conference – some significant items coming up
are the call for workshops which will be out in mid January, and the call
for papers which will be out at the beginning of February.

Cheers,

    Peter.